Friday, July 20, 2007

Another Day Goes To Waste

Well as I earlier stated, I would be going window shopping today. It didnt actually go according to plan. Only had 3 hours of sleep and woke up late for lessons. I managed to flag a cab and was able to be marked present for the day. Lesson was boring as usual. It was History Of Landscape Design. Till today I am not able to recap anything from my previous lessons. So I spent my day using the Multimedia Lab looking for mixers of different ranges. Took a few notes. Today time went by very slow. By the end of the lesson I just wanted to go home and sleep.

Reached home, felt as if I ran a marathon. Eversince I stopped playing soccer. I find myself kind of breathless and weak after walking for some time. I had my lunch and feel very bloated now. Still not happy that I am not able to go window shopping. I guess I have to go tomorrow. Better keep to my word. Well I guess that is about it. So I shall end here.

Reflections: Today I want to bring up something that has been on my mind. It is about people having fake english names because they do not like their own name. For example. A girl called Tan Li Fang ( random name), surprisingly people call her by the name of Apple. The best part is the name Apple does not even appear in their Identification Card ( I.C ). Upon questioning why she calls herself Apple, she says that it is difficult for other people to pronounce her name. I mean what the hell is wrong. When you make new friends, you obviously introduce yourself by your real name and if the person cannot get it, he or she will most likely ask you to repeat or prompt you to pronounce your own name again. What is so difficult. If you are so kind hearted and feel that you may get someones tongue twisted and tied, why not name yourself A, B, C or D. So much easier rite. The whole issue is not about the other party not being able to pronounce your name. I guess it is due to the western influence on us. We want to be hip and cool. I mean it is your name. The last thing you want is to be ashamed of your own name. Please for gods sake. Changing ones name would not change the persons character or attitude. People judge you by the things you do. Your name does not earn you credit in anyway. That is all that I want to highlight for today. I got to go get my sleep. Have to work tonite. Bye.

2 comments:

rudolf said...

hey yo, professional dj now eh? lol

Ruby said...

Some people add it to the IC later... But really, sometimes it just makes things easier for others. I think you've just met too many of those wannabes that you have a bad impression of all of these people.